Sources close to ASUS claim that the next next update in the pipeline will likely focus on device storage issues with the prime which are so bad that many tech experts claim there is no way it couldn't be related to firmware. Devices that are a few years older than the Prime will run circles around the Prime in terms of storage performance.
So with that out of the way lets talk about fixes. I ran across Browser2Ram in a few posts. Honestly they were mostly cryptic and it was quite hard to find this amazing APK. I did not create it but I fucking endorse it. It takes the Prime from one of the worst browsing experiences to one of the best by taking the main bottleneck of the TF201 out of the equation.
Browser2Ram works by caching webdata to RAM rather than the as of now shitty SSD on the Prime. Here's how to get your Prime Browsing like a champ!
- You will need to have root access on your transformer prime to utilize this APK.
- Download Browser2Ram APK
- Open Browser2RAM and grant Superuser Request (may not always ask on first opening but wait for a bit)
- Open Browser2Ram and grant Superuser Request
- Start using browser, Browser2Ram is now set for further use
- Watch RG3 and the Redskins return to preeminence over the next decade if the Mayan Apocalypse doesn't happen.
I will try to get some info for the developer up here ASAP. This is so good that if the dev is a Giants or even a Cowboys fan I'll even take down #11 although I think we all know its true.
Update 6/27/2012: The Dev is "TheOnionKnight" at XDA you can find his original post here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=25286407
Update 10/2/2012: This works perfectly on the TF700T / TF700 Infinity.