While a lot of exotic dials rolex daytonas are described as Paul Newman Daytona. One of Paul Newman's own daytonas goes up for auction right now! Check out the Live Stream here: https://livestream.com/accounts/5737...ayer?width=640
- The room is packed, an offsite in Rome and an overflow room is present. The auctioneer speaks nearly perfect French and Italian.
- https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/paul-newmans-paul-newman-daytona-hands-on Check out some background
- A few more lots to go until Lot #8 PN Daytona
- Lot 6 is at 140k with time to go for a speedmaster
- Lot #8 is up, starting with an intro video that is strangely not broadcast on live stream
- "The most iconic rolex wrist watch in the world, perhaps the most iconic wrist watch in the world"
- opens at 1 million Second bid is at 10 million
- up to 12 million, 14 million in increments of 500k to 1m
- 14.5m going up in 200k-300k increments
- 15.5m gavel up. hammer price
- 15.5m sold exclusive of tax buyers premium. the most expensive watch in the world shattering all records
- What will this watch sell for next time?
- The Rolex Forum is abuzz:
- More info on watch from Phillips :
- Price with buyers premium: $17,752,500