Some say Rolex had already begun planning for price increases before the de-coupling of the Franc to the Euro. Now a price increase is a certainty, the question is "how much?"
Here's what we know:
- UPDATE: EUROZONE ROLEX PRICES RAISED ~7% as of 1/30/15
- We have seen leaked letter(s) indicating that previous planned price increases were now void in Italy.
- Rolex Prices supposed to raise in Canada by 6% between March 1-April 1
- Rolex Prices in Japan have been confirmed to go up already see graph below.
- Up to 10.6% increase for Rolex Daytona
- Rolex inventory is down with AD's not receiving new inventory as of 1/29/15
- Popular models are hard to find according to world wide forums
- Rolex models reportedly selling more and receiving more attention than competition according to reports out of Japan
- Last price increase was several years ago.
- Some suggest there was a price increase a few years ago only to the ADs which was not to be passed to consumers.
- Thus reducing AD margins.
- Currency is falling in certain areas
Here are the guesses:
- UPDATE: Further EURO ZONE PRICE INCREASES LIKELY
- 3-5% increase for UK and USA for SS passed only to ADs
- 5-10% increase for Precious Metal Rolex in USA and UK
- It has been thought Precious Metal Rolex' will increase the most
- up to 20% in certain areas as value of precious metals may increase against weak currency.
- It is theorized there may be another cut in the margin for ADs to discourage discounting and not pass all increases to consumers.
- Rolex may increase the prices significantly across the board and introduce new technology at the same time.
- They have a new hair-spring that was introduced last year in the women's model
- Rolex may introduce this new hair-spring into mens models in 2015 with a significant increase: http://www.ablogtowatch.com/rolex-begins-using-silicon-syloxi-hairsprings-caliber-2236-watch-movements/
- Prices of used Rolex will increase.
- Recently supplanted Rolex' will see the most movement in price as new SS sport models crack 10k, and vintage Rolex' are already sought after and valued highly.
- 16610, 16710, 16220, etc will likely go up significantly.